For not implementing 2013 Budget, Imo state Law Makers have stopped Governor Rochas Okorocha from presenting 2014 Budget proposal. The lawmakers Listed some of the of PROJECTS captured in 2013 that was never Executed, but funds were released to Contractors as below;
1) 10 INDUSTRIES in the state at the cost of N15billion each.
2) Construction of new city gates also valued at N15bn, not the Two gates constructed in 2012.
3) Completion of 27 New Generals valued at 15 billion.
4) 304 Model Primary Schools valued at 20 Billion.
The Agreement between ROCHE group managing ADAPALM and the IMO govt. The initial agreement was that all proceeds from ADAPALM would be used to construct the 304 Schools. (We wounder why the project was still captured in the Budget – 2 funding for a project unexecuted).
4) Construction of 100 Secondary Schools.
5) N15 Billion earmarked for Construction of Buildings at IMSU permanent site.
6) The much touted Princes and Crystal Hotels for Okigwe and Orlu Zones respectively, Ecumenical Centre known as Amarachi and Magnificent Towers (Akachi), Monumental Hotels projects for which the N29 billion was earmarked have been abandoned and contractors eloped after collecting about 70% of the contract sum for one of the legacy prospects.
7) Abandonment of Projects eg The one at Ama JK called Heartland Centre for multi-level car parks, where the contractor also allegedly disappeared after getting mobilization fund of about N3bn.
The law makers have sworn not to Allow the Governor Present the 2014 Budget until he provides evidence that the 2013 Budget was fully implemented. HFN