Connect with us

Security Council Meeting: Buhari supporters seek Jonathan, Sambo’s resignation

News

Security Council Meeting: Buhari supporters seek Jonathan, Sambo’s resignation

NEWISSUES, Abuja

The group says Nigeria is retrogressing.

Some supporters of a former head of state, Muhammadu Buhari, have asked the governors of the All Progressives Congress, APC, to canvass for the resignation of President Goodluck Jonathan and his deputy, Namadi Sambo, at Wednesday’s expanded National Security Council meeting.

The supporters, under the aegis of ‘Buhari Vanguard’ said in a statement by its chairman, Jasper Azuatalam, on Monday that the president and his deputy have failed to meet up to the constitutional responsibility to which they both swore.

The APC governors have pledged to attend the NSC meeting following the controversy that trailed the presidency’s decision to exclude them from a similar meeting last week.

Only the governors of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, All Progressives Grand Alliance, APGA, and Labour Party, LP, were in attendance.

The Buhari Vanguard said Messrs Jonathan and Sambo had sworn to an oath to protect the lives and property of all Nigerians and that their failure to live up to the oath amounted to negligence, incompetence and made them unfit to continuously occupy their offices.

“Nigeria is obviously in a state of emergency and has been seen as a failed state by many in both the local and international communities,” the group said.

“Many facts are pointing to this present state, ranging from the most conspicuous insecurity, total power failure, the alarming rate of corruption and increased lawlessness by mostly those in government.

“We insist that there are evidences to the culpability of the President and Vice president in all of these. The inability of the Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, President Goodluck Jonathan to identify and expose those behind Boko Haram after interrogating many members of the sect that have been apprehended and confessing that top members of the sect are in his cabinet makes Mr President culpable.

“The affidavit sworn by Senator Mohammed Ndume indicting Vice President Namadi Sambo as having a link to the leaders of Boko Haram also makes the Vice president culpable.”

The group said it recalled that many weeks ago, the Minister of Interior, Abba Moro, organized “a fraudulent employment exercise” that led to the death of about 20 young Nigerians and extorted close to a billion naira from the said applicants.

It said that it was unbelievable that till date, the minister was still working with President Goodluck Jonathan.

The group added, “Today, the entire nation is running on less than 1000 MW of electricity and the whole nation has been thrown into utter darkness after President Goodluck Jonathan spent billions of dollars in the power sector amidst the fraudulent privatization that followed.

“The billion dollar corruption charges hanging around many of Jonathan’s top ministers and their continuous stay and grandstanding in office leaves little to wonder about whether President Goodluck Jonathan is an accomplice.”

The group said it regrets that Nigeria was in retrogression and that Messrs Jonathan and Sambo continued stay in office has become a tragedy that needed not to be allowed an inch if the country would be saved from total collapse.

“To restore sanity to our nation,” the group said “we must start from the top and the first step is for President Goodluck Jonathan and Vice President Namadi Sambo to willingly tender their resignation letters.”

Continue Reading
Advertisement
You may also like...
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

More in News

To Top