The Executive Governor of Bauchi State today declare as free, essential drugs services to the Bauchi State children under the age of five, about 1,264,000 children are expected to benefit from the free service.
The Governor stated this during the launching of state five points health agenda held at Banquet Hall of the Government House, Bauchi, the five points agenda are:
1. Strengthening Primary Health Care including Routine Immunization and Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn and Child Health Services
2. Access to quality and cost effective essential and live saving drugs including consumables and laboratory services
3. Motivation, retention and re-training of frontline health workers for effective and quality service delivery
4. Improving funding to health sector through innovative financing mechanisms, accountability and transparency
5. Demand creation via health education, awareness creation and strategic communication.
Furthermore, the Governor visits Urban Maternity, Ran road Bauchi where he interacted with Health Workers, and donated 100 delivery kits to pregnant women and wishes them safe delivery.