NIGERIANS DEMAND THE CURRENT LEADERSHIP OF OUR NATIONAL ASSEMBLY RESIGN IMMEDIATELY, OR FACE OUR WRATH PERSONALLY!
For some weeks now, we have been assaulted with the disturbing & nauseating drama from our House of Representatives regards how certain elements amongst their leadership conspired to perpetuate the most horrendous crime on our collective sensibility through the padding of our 2016 budget for their vain selfish desires, a budget that was supposed to actualize our new found hope as a people, a sinister crime by a few that in comparison can be described as worse than terrorism & genocide, where individuals who were voted in by the masses and swore an oath to protect & defend our constitution rather closed their conscience to the sufferings of those who voted them in and instead opted to use the mandate of their people to rob us of our resources. Blatantly unapologetic, criminally elitist & cocooned in an alternate universe as untouchables, they have shown no remorse or sought penance from those who stood for hours under the sun to give them these mandates, rather they now seek to use the instruments of government at their disposal to turn this into a personal campaign with an aim to wash it away as a no-event so that business can commence as usual. At the end of the day, the fact remains that a whooping sum of N486b was earmarked to be diverted by these individuals, to help them live their ostentatious lifestyles of prostitution, illicit affairs, sponsorship of terrorism & religious fanaticism, money laundry, and political thuggery (to name a few).
While this is ongoing, we cannot also forget the show of shame in our Senate where the Senate President (still embroiled with cases of corruption as a former state governor and false asset declaration) & his deputy are standing trial for forgery. A leadership that puts to mockery the very essence of law making, where character which should be the principal trait to lead has been thrown to the dogs…and in essence making a mockery of what we are as Nigerians, and to rub insult on injury, these suspects are celebrated and even escorted to court like a jamboree, more like “in our faces”, a fiendish solidarity of insincere bedfellows that reeks of nothing other than accomplices supporting & celebrating everything that makes us a laughing stock in the international community
No matter on whose side you stand concerning these unfolding shameful events at our National Assembly (hailer or wailer), the truth of it all is basic and glaring: THINGS MUST CHANGE AT OUR NATIONAL ASSEMBLY IF NIGERIA MUST MOVE AHEAD!
Our National Assembly is our biggest shame at the moment as a nation. This National Assembly is led by individuals (in cohort with their principal officers) who have no interest whatsoever in changing the fortunes of Nigeria to benefit us all, rather their principal objective is to use their positions of authority to impoverish us more while enriching themselves to ensure they perpetuate themselves in power. This is why they did whatever it took to emerge leaders, supported & promoted by those who wished to be compensated in the scam, a script written at the midnight hour while many jubilated at the promise of change, a coup like no other where we have been turned against ourselves on social media while they loot us dry under the cover of party affiliations, executive sessions & our constitution.
Why is it that whenever it concerns corruption and looting, they no longer see themselves as political rivals? How can Nigeria ever progress when our lawmakers are more interested in sharing our collective wealth rather than make laws to strengthen our institutions? How long will Nigerians continue to tax themselves to sustain a bunch of individuals who have shown over and over again that they have no interest in representing the people that voted them in, but simply see the platform as an opportunity for self upliftment & perpetuation in political office?
Nigeria can never advance unless every arm of government is accountable to the people. The rot we see today is because things were allowed to decay this far, but there comes a time in the life of a nation when the citizens must take back the power they freely gave away to some, and use it to make a statement to all that they are tired and truly want CHANGE. That time is now because we as concerned citizens of Nigeria are fed up, and enough is enough.
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!
Therefore, speaking with the mandate of a platform that has in excess of 5 million registered members and more than 3 million supporters & well-wishers cutting across the continents, we demand as follows:
1. THAT ALL INDIVIDUALS WHO HOLD POSITIONS AS LEADERS & PRINCIPAL OFFICERS AT OUR NATIONAL ASSEMBLY AS OF TODAY, 30TH JULY 2016, HONORABLY RESIGN OF THEIR POSITIONS WITHIN THE NEXT FORTEEN (14) DAYS.
2. THAT FOR AVOIDANCE OF DOUBT, THE INDIVIDUALS AFFECTED BY THESE DEMANDS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
I. SENATOR BUKOLA ABUBAKAR SARAKI
II. SENATOR IKE EKWEREMADU
III. SENATOR MOHAMMED ALI NDUME
IV. SENATOR GODSWILL OBOT AKPABIO
V. SENATOR OLUSOLA ADEYEYE
VI. SEN. PHILIP ADUDA TANIMU
VII. SENATOR BALA IBN NAALLAH
VIII. SENATOR EMMANUEL BWACHA
IX. SENATOR ALIMIKHENA ASEKHAME FRANCIS
X. SENATOR BIODUN CHRISTINE OLUJIMI
XI. HON. DOGARA YAKUBU
XII. HON. YUSUF SULAIMON LASUN
XIII. HON. OLUFEMI GBAJABIAMILA
XIV. HON. OGOR LEONARD OKUWEH
XV. HON. ADO GARBA ALHASSAN
XVI. HON. UMAR BARDE YAKUBU
XVII. HON. UMAR BUBA JIBRIL
XVIII.HON. CHUKWUKA WILFRED ONYEMA
XIX. HON. O. PALLY ISUMAFE IRIASE
XX. HON BINTA BELLO
3. THAT AT THE EXPIRY OF FOURTEEN (14) DAYS, IF THESE INDIVIDUALS DO NOT ADHERE TO THE VOICE OF NIGERIAN MASSES TO WILLINGLY RESIGN OF THEIR POSITIONS & SUBMIT THEMSELVES FOR PROBE, THEY WILL WITNESS A CLASS ACTION FROM THE MASSES LIKE NEVER EVER SEEN OR RECORDED BEFORE IN THE HISTORY OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA SINCE INDEPENDENCE.
4. THAT AMONG OTHERS, WE WILL RELEASE EVERY PRIVATE INFORMATION REGARDS EACH OF THESE INDIVIDUALS INCLUDING THE RESPECTIVE PHYSICAL ADDRESSES WITH PICTURES OF THEIR PLACES OF RESIDENCE (ABUJA & OTHERS), FAMILY COMPOSITION WITH NAMES & PICTURES, BANK ACCOUNT INFORMATION, TELEPHONE NUMBERS & EMAIL ADDRESSES, & EVERY OTHER MATERIAL THAT EXPOSES THE CORES OF THEIR PRIVACY TO EVERY NIGERIAN HOME & ABROAD
5. THAT WE WILL MOBILISE THROUGH OUR STATE COORDINATORS, LOCAL GOVERNMENT COORDINATORS & WARD LEADERS FOR MASS MOVEMENT & TOTAL LOCKOUT OF THESE RESIDENCES ACROSS NIGERIA, INCLUDING HARASS & INTIMIDATE THEM & THEIR FAMILY MEMBERS OR WARDS WHEREVER THEY ARE SEEN AS THEIR PICTURES ARE ALREADY WITH US & WILL BE CIRCULATED.
6. THAT WE WILL NOT STOP THERE BUT WILL LAY SIEGE AT THESE VENUES INCLUDING ANY HOTELS OR GUEST HOUSES THEY MAY WISH TO ESCAPE TO AS TEMPORARY ABODE, UNTIL THEY RESIGN
7. THAT EVERY MEMBER OF BOTH APPROPRIATION COMMITTEES IN THE SENATE & HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES SUBMIT THEMSELVES WILLINGLY FOR QUESTIONING ON ALL ISSUES RELATING TO THE PADDING OF OUR 2016 BUDGET WITHIN SAID PERIOD, OR WE WILL INCLUDE THEM IN THIS CLASS ACTION
Make no mistakes about it, Nigerians are very angry and we will do whatever it takes to make things right with the National Assembly, or we simply scrap that institution once and for all. If your aims are to frustrate the smooth leadership of the administration that has shown they truly want to make things better, you no longer have to contain with President Buhari – you now have to contain with 160 million Nigerians. Let’s see who blinks first
The clock is ticking and we dare these lawmakers to call our bluff and see why that will be the biggest mistakes they will ever make in their lives!
Long Live the Federal Republic of Nigeria
July 30th 2016